Friday, September 16, 2011

Christian Books at Public School Book Fair

A fellow freethinker discovered christian books at her daughter's school book fair, in Wichita, Kansas. This is an outrage and should never have occurred. I live thirty minutes from Wichita, and frankly this doesn't surprise me at all.

It is quite common in Kansas to hear people talking about doing stuff like this. Multiple times at work people will hand me tracts. I will gladly take them with a smile, and than proceed to the trash can. Kansans love to indoctrinate. I love to spread the good word of rational thought myself, but I try not to preach to someone doing their job. I also avoid school children while preaching. As I have said in past entries I am trying to become an elementary teacher. Now, I don't discuss my faith in schools and people would get rightfully angry if I did. We need to stand up and say don't indoctrinate our children. Luckily the voice saying this is getting louder.

This story was brought to us by the friendly atheist you can get to his blog from here. The link will take you straight to the article in question.

The freedom from religion foundation has been informed and will be taking action. I wish them luck, but I think this case is a pretty straight forward violation of church and state. Christians need to realize they can believe what ever they like, but they can't force our school children to believe it.

Give me a child for his first seven years and I'll give you the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment