Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No Gays Allowed

I said that I would post information on events in Kansas and this includes my small town. I was raised in a Christian school and therefore did not have the public school experience, but last year after the fact was informed of a disturbing issue.

Its seems that Wellington High School, in Wellington Kansas, was not allowing same-sex couples to attend the school dances together. I was not involved with the school at this time and I do not believe I can prove this other than through reports from students.

I will be watching as close as possible this current school year for this type of blatant discrimination. I just felt the need to post this to show people what life in small town Kansas is like. I often hear racist and anti-gay comments like this, I do not enjoy hearing them. This is life in Wellington Kansas I will keep you all up to date on this issue if it arises this current school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment